fredag 27 maj 2011

Embrace the journey!

Hi Friends!

how are you all doing?
Im just fine except for the boring weather we have had for a few days. Rain, rain, and rain.
I wisch it could be a real storm and a lot of thunder and lightning if its gonna be like this then let it be all in,lol.
Im a girl who loves storms and the thunder. i get so excited and i love the adrenaline boost i get from it,lol. am i  really crazy? Well maybe i am a little crazy? just like you all, ha, ha! come on admit it, whats your crazy love? I told you mine, its thunder and lightning.

Hmmm...i have no ide how im going to get my story to fit the challange,lol. I was just supposed to talk a little about the weather, witch has nothing to do with our challange over at craft us crazy.

The theeme this time is Remembrance and/or Love and its in honor of Memorial day.

We dont have memorial day here in Sweden but i tought i make a card in remembrance of my beloved dad.
I wanted to make a bright and happy card, not a sad one.
well, i guess im able to get my little thunder story to fit the theeme anyways, cause my dad loved the thunder too, i guess i got my love for it from him.
 I remember that when i was little and when we got a real thunderstorm, me and dad run out to the yard, running around in the pooring rain, singing and laughing,lol. but when the thunder got to loud we ran up to the patio. And the we sat togheter, enjoing the lightning and counting how far away the thunder was.lol.
Oh dad! I miss you sooo much. I still ask the question, WHY? Its 1 year and 2 months ago he past away, and i still cant believe it.

anyways, on to my card...


I used this beautiful and happy image from wee stamps. all of her images are just so lovely.
the papers are from jillibean soup, bright and colorful.
The flowers are from woc and my stasch.
I used one of my new dies too, i love those dies. Im still a newbie using dies, so im still oohing and aahing when i use them,lol.
A little white seembinding that i sprayed with blue mist.


I colored the image with my copics.
Around the edges of the image i stamped with some flower swirls.


Flowers...i found some cute plastic flowers in my stasch and i added a little rose in them.


my colored seembinding, can you see the shimmer of the mist?


Last picky. Do they all look kinda blurry to you? the pics i meen.
the sentiment says..."Embrace the journey"!

Our sponsor for this challange is...


and...


Thanks for coming by!  please pop across and see the rest of the DTs wonderful creations.

Wisching you all a wonderful and happy day!

Hugs bettina

Im entering this too:



14 kommentarer:

  1. So sweet, I love your colour choices, hope you have a great day!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hi Bettina!What a happy and lovely card you made!:) I agree with weather, I like the storms and the thunder myself. My crazy love?! - Hens, little hens, roosters and parrots! :D You have wonderful memories about your dad - love your wee story :o)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hejsann:)
    Vad gulligt kort i ljuvliga färger:)
    Gillar dina detaljer som alltid, du är bara så jätteduktig:)
    Ha en skön weekend och hoppas att vädret blir bättre nu:)
    Kramar Lill

    SvaraRadera
  4. Hi Bettina, it is me again - you might want to check my post today :o) Big hugs!

    SvaraRadera
  5. This is so pretty Bettina I love that image and your colour choices hugs rebekah xx

    SvaraRadera
  6. Hi Bettina, this is gorgeous, I love your stamp, she is so cute xxx

    SvaraRadera
  7. Oh my Bettina, this is gorgeous hon. Love the colours & the layout.x

    SvaraRadera
  8. Gorgeous card sweetie. I know how you feel I have only just lost my Dad the other week. 10th May.
    Thank you for joining us at DDSB this week.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    SvaraRadera
  9. This is so pretty. Just love it. thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    Diane

    SvaraRadera
  10. Such a great fun card xx Jan

    SvaraRadera
  11. Gorgeous card, lovely colours, thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
    Hugs

    SvaraRadera
  12. Your card is so STUNNING!I love both the colors and the image you used! So sweet!
    Hugs
    Genevieve

    SvaraRadera
  13. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week......

    Hugs
    Judith

    SvaraRadera
  14. Love the adorable imgage and the sweet nicety . Your colouring is absolutely breathtaking.

    SvaraRadera